maandag 26 februari 2024
29 C
Paramaribo
5.7 C
Amsterdam
0
(0)

Creditors are now again confident in Suriname

lees ook ...

JusPol minister belooft actie tegen toenemende criminaliteit...

Granman Lesley Valentijn van de Matuariërs leidde een delegatie die ontvangen werd door minister Kenneth Amoksi om hun bezorgdheid te uiten over toenemende criminele activiteiten in het Matawai-gebied...

Suriname and the Netherlands concluded a bilateral agreement on the debt rescheduling under the Paris Club agreement on Tuesday, November 21. This relates to a loan of 23.9 million euros to ING bank that was obtained in 2014 for the Carolina bridge’s construction with a governmental guarantee from the Dutch government.

At the end of December 2021, the debt was at 13 million euros, with 4 million euros in arrears. According to the agreement, Suriname will pay 60% of the arrears in November 2022 and the remaining 40% in November 2024 when this obligation is rescheduled. Additionally, the entire debt, including interest and payments from the years 2022 through 2024, will be paid off from 2030 through 2036 at a set interest rate of 0.291%.

This results in a large reduction in both the total debt and the interest debt for Suriname. This makes it evident that Suriname has earned back the public’s trust.

 

 

 

En.. wat vond je van dit artikel?

-- Advertentie / POJ - 218001 --

1 REACTIE

1 Reactie
Inline feedbacks
Bekijk alle reacties

redactie tip

meer Engels, Suriname nieuws »

meest gelezen

HomeEngelsCreditors are now again confident in Suriname